Written over the course of many years, these songs include the score from John's musical play, "Certitude".
Songs on this site with lyrics primarily by John are as follows:
- Things That Matter: This song was written after John saw an inane program of 'Reality' television, which seemed to be the farthest thing from something that mattered! The music has John's lyrics as well as selections from Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh.
- Consider These Nightingales: This piece sets the text reported of Bahá'u'lláh in the Ridvan Garden in Baghdád, in the form of a lullaby.
- The suite of songs from the musical play "Certitude"
- In a Rose Garden - up tempo, with a latin feel, SATB
- Our Lord Has Come, more gospel style, SATB
- Song of The True Seeker; a setting of the famous
tablet - Baritone solo ( listed under 'Bahá'u'lláh').
- Who Is There To Turn To - a plea of a husband to his
wife that she not abandon her belief in Jesus. Tenor
- Take Counsel Together; A song that emphasizes the
need for and practice of consultation in a marriage.
Most of the text is from Selections From The Writings
Of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. The MP3 and PDF files are found in
His section of the list of songs. Alto Soprano duet.
- O My Lord, My Beloved, My Desire: a prayer from
'Abdu'l-Bahá; a cry of pain from the wife. (also listed
above in 'Abdu'l-Bahá). Soprano solo.
- The Unity Song: the conclusion of the play in which
the prayer for Unity by Bahá'u'lláh is recited. SATB.
- In Prayer I Kiss Your Eyes; a wedding song
- Hymne Boréale; not a Bahá'í song but part of a group
of songs that set poems by French Canadian poet
Jocelyn Verret to music.